My background is technical (science and computers).
I came to love cooking a little later than most, but have made up with it by reading and experimenting intensely, taking a scientific approach to cooking. I took a low job in a high-end restaurant to learn fundamentals.
I'm no exec chef, but I cook enough at work and at home to have picked up a considerable amount of useful knowledge.
Eggs benedict are my favorite brunch dish.
Not everything I say should be taken seriously.
North Carolina, USA
Member for 10 years
11 profile views
Last seen Dec 25 '12 at 15:48
- Stack Overflow 18.9k 18.9k 99 gold badges4141 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 17.7k 17.7k 44 gold badges6060 silver badges9393 bronze badges
- Server Fault 151 151 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Super User 131 131 33 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 101 101 11 bronze badge
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 584 How can I tell if I'm running in 64-bit JVM or 32-bit JVM (from within a program)?
- 238 Is Java really slow?
- 230 EC2 instance types's exact network performance?
- 118 Python Requests vs PyCurl Performance
- 87 How do I get the absolute directory of a file in bash?
- 59 Forcing multiple threads to use multiple CPUs when they are available
- 53 When should I use a t2.medium vs. a m3.medium instance type within AWS?
- View more network posts →