Thankfully, retired so my days are mostly my own. Ive grown most of our food, cooked and baked since my teens. I cook much like my Austrian grandma did, by eyeballing what cooks up tasty and healthy. Rather than precisely following a recipe, I want to understand why. To me, cooking is equally science and art. I'm a wanna-be doctor/pathologist and an almost biologist. Constantly reading and learning isn't just a passion but almost an obsession for me.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Member for 2 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jul 6 '17 at 1:43
- Seasoned Advice 3.8k 3.8k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Gardening & Landscaping 1.6k 1.6k 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Biology 1.1k 1.1k 33 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Medical Sciences 250 250 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Physics 101 101 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 216 What is this colored fiber in my chicken?
- 25 What is the name of this biting bug?
- 12 Can I bake a "no bake" cheesecake?
- 9 Help identifying a plant
- 9 What is this fungus that is growing on my plant, and is it dangerous?
- 9 Why only honey bee collects & store honey?
- 9 Can sufficiently finely-ground matzo meal substitute for flour in leavened bread?
- View more network posts →