C# programmer professionally. F#, WPF, Clojure, C++, Java and Perl 5 programmer formerly professionally. Rust, Haskell, Perl 6 and Inform 7 programmer not so professionally. I dabble in many pies and like my languages to be interesting and my programs to be correct, preferably by construction and without ridiculous effort. I know a fair bit about relational databases and TCP/IP networking as well. More than I ever wanted to, to be honest.
Technically speaking I'm a Sun Certified Java Programmer, but mostly it just gave me more reasons to not want to program in Java.
I train in aikido and was awarded my nidan in 2014. I have British Aikido Board Coach Level 1 and am training as an instructor for both junior and adult classes. My school practises Yoshinkan aikido which values strong form and emphasises learning to control your own body and weight in order to take control of your opponent's.
Away from the computer I play recorder (ABRSM Grade 8), viola da gamba and violin, sing, read and cook.
- Stack Overflow 9.3k 9.3k 33 gold badges2525 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 1.8k 1.8k 1313 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 1.5k 1.5k 77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.1k 1.1k 77 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 657 657 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 127 How to get export output in "real" CSV format in SQL Server Management Studio?
- 113 VIM, incremental search: How can I jump to the next result and get it highlighted?
- 110 Difference between shared objects (.so), static libraries (.a), and DLL's (.so)?
- 47 Would a sentient species be able to thrive when mating means the death of the male partner?
- 32 How do I check what version of a package is installed with stack?
- 27 How do you raise your dough in cold seasons?
- 24 Why does Data have to use a computer in Star Trek?
- View more network posts →