Need a smart, motivated, and hard-working desktop or embedded developer? Hire me! Send mail to my full name (codygray) at Google's mail server, or contact me via Stack Overflow Careers.
Molecular biologist and historian by formal training, but software developer by passion. Also now by career.
My deepest areas of expertise are the x86 microarchitecture and the Windows API, but my interests span multiple platforms and diverse disciplines. At work, I build embedded hardware and software to perform data-acquisition and real-time signal processing from sensors. I write most of my code in C++ or assembly these days. I also know C, C#, VB.NET, and VB 6. Passionate about developing robust, efficient systems.
I enjoy the challenge of solving problems and learn new things quickly. I've an excellent eye for quality and detail. I'm here because I find great reward in teaching others and because I want to make the Internet a better place.
I have strong ideas and make a habit of openly challenging assumptions. People don't like having their assumptions challenged, so this sometimes leads to confrontation. Nothing I say is meant to offend; please don't take it personally. Progress cannot happen without confrontation, so think for yourself and question everything. I write long answers, but I won't be offended if you don't read everything.
If you have a technical question you think I might be able to answer, please ask it on the site so that everyone may contribute and benefit. If you disagree with one of the actions I've taken as a moderator, please bring it up for discussion on Meta Stack Overflow.
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Member for 3 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen 5 hours ago
- Stack Overflow♦ 212.5k 212.5k 4040 gold badges439439 silver badges515515 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 58k 58k 2020 gold badges177177 silver badges290290 bronze badges
- Philosophy 4.9k 4.9k 11 gold badge3636 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Code Review 3.7k 3.7k 1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Code Golf 2.7k 2.7k 88 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 700 Declare a const array
- 574 What is serial voting and how does it affect me?
- 417 Release generating .pdb files, why?
- 390 How can I wrap text in a label using WPF?
- 346 How do I convert struct System.Byte byte to a System.IO.Stream object in C#?
- 264 Why is the console window closing immediately once displayed my output?
- 262 An expensive jump with GCC 5.4.0
- View more network posts →