Programmer from way way back, now a writer. Been learning to cook better as I live on my own.
Have watched the "healthy eating" debates over the years in the mass media and wondered why what was supposed to be "good for you" (mostly low-fat) was never as good as what I wanted to eat. Read "Sweet Poison" and "Big Fat Lies" and realized we should be eating what our ancestors ate rather than what post-industrial factories are processing. That means saturated fat over unsaturated and salt over sugar! Funny how everything tastes a lot better now...
Member for 9 years, 6 months
8 profile views
Last seen Oct 8 '12 at 1:52
- Stack Overflow 27.2k 27.2k 44 gold badges5454 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 763 763 33 gold badges66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Super User 726 726 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 577 577 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 833 Why is setTimeout(fn, 0) sometimes useful?
- 233 insert multiple rows via a php array into mysql
- 137 How can I split a string at the first occurrence of "-" (minus sign) into two $vars with PHP?
- 65 Determine which MySQL configuration file is being used
- 65 MySQL pagination without double-querying?
- 48 $_FILES field 'tmp_name' has no value on .JPG file extension
- 39 two's complement, why the name "two"
- View more network posts →