Programmer from way way back, now a writer. Been learning to cook better as I live on my own.
Have watched the "healthy eating" debates over the years in the mass media and wondered why what was supposed to be "good for you" (mostly low-fat) was never as good as what I wanted to eat. Read "Sweet Poison" and "Big Fat Lies" and realized we should be eating what our ancestors ate rather than what post-industrial factories are processing. That means saturated fat over unsaturated and salt over sugar! Funny how everything tastes a lot better now...
Member for 10 years, 5 months
8 profile views
Last seen Oct 8 '12 at 1:52
- Stack Overflow 28.3k 28.3k 44 gold badges5656 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 763 763 33 gold badges66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Super User 726 726 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 577 577 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 878 Why is setTimeout(fn, 0) sometimes useful?
- 241 How to insert multiple rows from array using CodeIgniter framework?
- 153 How can I split a string at the first occurrence of "-" (minus sign) into two $vars with PHP?
- 70 Determine which MySQL configuration file is being used
- 68 MySQL pagination without double-querying?
- 49 $_FILES field 'tmp_name' has no value on .JPG file extension
- 40 two's complement, why the name "two"
- View more network posts →