Programmer from way way back, now a writer. Been learning to cook better as I live on my own.
Have watched the "healthy eating" debates over the years in the mass media and wondered why what was supposed to be "good for you" (mostly low-fat) was never as good as what I wanted to eat. Read "Sweet Poison" and "Big Fat Lies" and realized we should be eating what our ancestors ate rather than what post-industrial factories are processing. That means saturated fat over unsaturated and salt over sugar! Funny how everything tastes a lot better now...
Member for 8 years, 6 months
8 profile views
Last seen Oct 8 '12 at 1:52
- Stack Overflow 25.5k 25.5k 44 gold badges5252 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- Server Fault 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge99 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Super User 701 701 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Home Improvement 648 648 22 gold badges66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 567 567 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 757 Why is setTimeout(fn, 0) sometimes useful?
- 224 insert multiple rows via a php array into mysql
- 129 How can I split a string at the first occurrence of "-" (minus sign) into two $vars with PHP?
- 61 MySQL pagination without double-querying?
- 59 Determine which MySQL configuration file is being used
- 47 $_FILES field 'tmp_name' has no value on .JPG file extension
- 34 two's complement, why the name "two"
- View more network posts →