Preferred pronoun: The gender-neutral "it"
As I'm an alien and my race doesn't have any sexes, I've always been baffled by the human race's fascination with sex. As my race reproduces through simple mitosis and acquires new genetic material through ingestion instead of messy sex and English being only my third or fourth human language (depending on how you count) and being able to get into trouble in 10 human languages and only being able to get out of trouble in 7 of those complicates things even further for me, so you might have to repeat a few times what your preferred pronoun is.
No, I'm not a reptilian overlord, just an individual, ectoplasmic, energy-based life-form with a deep respect for any intelligent life, therefore the pronoun "they" is offensive to me as it describes hive-minds like the Formics or Xenomorphs of this multiverse.
Citizen of this galaxy.
Member for 4 years, 6 months
3 profile views
Last seen Dec 11 '18 at 18:50
- Ask Ubuntu 29.4k 29.4k 1818 gold badges7171 silver badges174174 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 5.7k 5.7k 1717 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 4.7k 4.7k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1.4k 1.4k 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.3k 1.3k 88 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 107 How to make sure I'm not using any proprietary software after installation?
- 81 Is Ubuntu destroying my internal HDD?
- 81 Why does apt-get not require restarts, where the update manager does?
- 80 He who must not be named? (aka Anyone can ping everyone in chat)
- 57 What's a good back-up strategy for 1 desktop PC?
- 49 Why do shrimp / lobster / crab turn pink or red when cooking?
- 45 How to make terminal autocomplete when there are several files/directory?
- View more network posts →