Is it my imagination or could you Start a Bounty on someone else's question? I've finally found a question that I'm willing to give some rep to, but I cannot find the link.
There is a "start a bounty" link displayed on eligible questions. The criteria for bounties, listed in the FAQ, are as follows:
- Questions must be at least 2 days old to be eligible for a bounty.
- Users must have at least 75 reputation to offer a bounty.
- There can only be 1 active bounty per question and per user at any given time.
- Once initiated, the bounty period lasts 7 days.
- After starting a bounty, you must wait 1 day before awarding it.
- If you do not award your bounty within 7 days, the highest voted answer created after the bounty started with at least 2 upvotes will be awarded half the bounty amount.
Your question is probably not meeting the first criteria. Without knowing the question though, I can't tell you for sure.
In case it's not clear, the start bounty link is shown here at the bottom, just below the
add comment link :