Travel Meta has its monthly photo competition, check e.g. the current edition, Dec. 2022
Food looks really nice on photo and it doesn't take too much to create mouth-watering images.
So I'd like to ask, if you think that concept of a friendly competition could be appealing to our users, help to promote the site a bit and get new members to become active?
Setup and rules could be similar to Travel meta:
- seasoned (tbd) members propose a theme, the number of photos per post. And then voting does the rest.
- e.g. only one photo per answer.
- e.g. you can make up to three posts (attempts).
- do not delete posts if you don't get votes: you posted it, stand by it. (You have two more attempts if your first one doesn't work out.)
- All submissions should have a line with when and where the photo(s) was/were taken, along with a description of the subject.
- The photo has to be taken by the person who posted it
this is not related to
- Promoting the weekly competition with a photo
- Book prizes for winning weekly competition
- (Discontinued) Weekly Topic Contest! Ask great questions, enter to win a prize
and related to: