The pass couple of days I see this little popup on the side of questions that says "Chat with an expert":

enter image description here

At first I thought it was a functionality in which you can directly go into a chatroom generated specifically for that question but when i clicked on it I get this...

enter image description here

What the heck is this?


1 Answer 1


It's an April Fools joke. You can chat with an "expert" (a bot) if you'd like, or just dismiss it permanently. See What is "chat with an expert"? on meta.SO.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .